NEO is undoubtedly the most trailblazing cryptocurrencies that is making waves in the crypto space. Formerly known as Antshares, it is considered to be a tough competitor to Ethereum blockchain, which is, as suggested by developers, vulnerable to hackers.
However, it is the most promising cryptocurrency for investors in 2018, but still this new crypto project does not have many wallet options as compared to other currencies. If you are an early adopter of NEO & NEP 5 tokens and looking for some feasible & best NEO wallets options, then here is a list, which can help you choose the best that can suit your needs.
Best NEO Wallets to Store NEO, GAS & NEP 5 Tokens
- Ledger Nano S: If you are planning to hold your NEO for a longer time span, then hardware wallets can be your best bet. Ledger Nano S is a secure and safe wallet that comes with additional features like its compatibility with NEON wallet. If you use a combination of Ledger Nano S + Neon wallet, then you don’t have to enter the private key or even save it on a computer. This reduces the chances of your account being hacked. The best part is that you can even store other crypto currencies in this wallet.
- NEON Wallet: This is one of the best NEO wallets available in the market. It stores, sends, and receives, both the assets of NEO i.e. NEO and GAS. If you hold NEO in your NEON wallet, you can even claim your automatically generated GAS. With this wallet, you can have control on your funds, as the private key is not stored on the NEON servers. NEON wallet latest version supports RHT, QLC, RPX, DBC and few other NEP 5 tokens.
- NEO GUI: This official desktop wallet is actually a GUI wallet, which allows users to interact with a graphical user interface. This wallet takes a while to sync with the NEO blockchain, but once it syncs, users can have a new wallet that is password-protected. The best part is that it can also take a back up of your wallet by importing your private key in HEX or WIF wallet. You can store both NEO and GAS in this wallet, but this option is available for Windows 7 SP1 only.
- NEO Wallet: This a lightweight wallet maintained by NEO community. This is also a web wallet that allows you to create a wallet back up so that you have the control on your private keys and your funds. The best part is that it allows you to claim the automatically generated GAS for holding your NEO tokens.
- ANSY: These are paper wallets that have public and private address printed on them. The public address can be used anytime for sending funds to your wallet and private address can be used to spend them. The best part is that the keys are offline and printed. So, as long as the paper is secure, user need not worry about losing it or getting hacked. This wallet is available through Chrome or Edge browsers.
- NEO CLI: This is another official wallet maintained by NEO team, but it is completely controlled by Command Line prompts. If you are quite comfortable with Command language, this NEO wallet can be your best bet. This option is for advanced users who wish to store, send and receive both the NEO assets and claim GAS generated tokens.
This insight on best NEO wallets can facilitate you in choosing the right wallet that suit your needs. So, opt for the best NEO wallet.